First printing issues resolved!

After printing a couple of calibration pieces and a fan guard i thought i had the printer ready to print, but i noticed i was getting ‘elephant’s foot’, what looked like under extrusion and top scoring. After re-tramming the bed and leaving a slightly larger gap, of 0.25mm, than the suggested ‘1 sheet of paper’ – my paper measured 0.10mm I printed one last calibration print – which was five 20mm squares. Each square i upped the feed rate 5% and I found that the squares printing at 120% and 125% were close to perfect – no gaps and each line was securely attached to the previous.

Following this i printed an X-Axis cable guide with these new settings and there’s no more elephants foot and top scoring is drastically reduced – I might try the ironing settings in cura.

Links to guide to help with print issues:

https://all3dp.com/1/common-3d-printing-problems-troubleshooting-3d-printer-issues/#section-fdm-3d-printing-problems-my-print-looks-bad

https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/

https://rigid.ink/pages/ultimate-troubleshooting-guide

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s